A multiple entry visa for Vietnam allows you to enter and leave the country as many times as you want within a certain time period, usually up to one year. This type of visa is beneficial for those who frequently travel to Vietnam for work, leisure, or any other reasons. With this visa, you can visit Vietnam multiple times without having to apply for a new visa each time. This not only saves time but also reduces the cost of obtaining a new visa for every trip.
What is Vietnam multiple entry visa?
A multiple-entry visa for Vietnam allows visitors to enter and exit the country multiple times within a specified period. This means you can leave and re-enter Vietnam multiple times during your visa’s validity.
Ways to Apply Vietnam Visa entry multiple.
If you are planning to visit Vietnam, there are three different ways to obtain a visa.
1. Apply Vietnam visa through the Vietnam Embassy
The most common method is through the Vietnam Embassy. This involves submitting necessary documents such as a completed application form, valid passport, and photographs, along with an introduction letter from a Vietnamese company or agency for business visas. Once the application is processed and fees are paid, the visa and passport will be returned either in person or by post. It’s important to note that the requirements and procedures may vary depending on the country, so it’s best to contact the Vietnam Embassy in your country for detailed information.
2. Apply Vietnam e-Visa online
Another option is to apply for an evisa, which has been available since August 15th. This allows visitors to stay in Vietnam for up to 90 days with a multiple-entry visa. During the application process, make sure to select the multiple-entry option on the official website.
3. Apply Vietnam visa on arrival
For those who are unable to access the Vietnam Embassy in their country, there is the option of obtaining a visa on arrival. This is only applicable for air travelers entering through one of the designated airports: Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat, Cat Bi, Danang, Cam Ranh, Lien Khuong, Phu Quoc, and Can Tho. To do this, you must first obtain a pre-approved letter from a visa agency, which serves as authorization for boarding the plane and getting the visa stamp upon arrival in Vietnam. The application for this letter involves filling out a form and paying a service fee, with processing times ranging from 2 to 5 working days (expedited options are available for an additional fee).
Upon arrival at a Vietnam airport, present the pre-approved visa letter, a completed application form, valid passport, and two passport-sized photos. You will also need to pay a stamping fee at the Immigration Counter or Visa on Arrival counter to secure a multiple-entry visa. This option is especially convenient for those who are unable to visit the Vietnam Embassy in their country.
Vietnam Multiple Entry Visa Fee
The price of a multiple-entry visa for Vietnam can vary depending on the method used to obtain it.
Embassy visa fee: If you choose to apply through an embassy, the visa fees will depend on the specific embassy you go to. This fee is a one-time payment that must be made directly at the embassy.
Vietnam e-Visa fee: This fee is a one-time payment that must be made online is a 50 USD.
Visa on arrival fee: For those opting for Visa on Arrival, the fees are determined by the type of visa being applied for. There are two parts to the fees: the service fee and the stamping fee. The service fee is paid online in order to secure the visa approval letter, while the stamping fee is paid in cash upon arrival at the Vietnam airport to have the visa stamped. It is important to check for the latest information on Vietnam visa on arrival fees for the most up-to-date details.
Types of Vietnam multiple entry visa
Types of Vietnam multiple entry visa are diverse to meet the unique requirements and travel preferences of many individuals.
1. One-month Multiple Entry Visa
- Validity Period: 01 month (30 days)
- Intended Purpose of Visit: Suitable for tourism and business purposes
- Maximum Duration of Stay: 30 days
2. Three-month Multiple Entry Visa
- Validity Period: 03 months (90 days)
- Purpose of Visit: Suitable for both tourism and business engagements
- Maximum Duration of Stay: Tourists – 30 days, Business Travelers – 90 days
3. Six-month Multiple Entry Visa
- Validity Period: 06 months (180 days)
- Purpose of Visit: Specifically designed for business travelers
- Maximum Duration of Stay: 90 days
4. One-year Multiple Entry Visa
- Validity Period: 01 year
- Purpose of Visit: Exclusively for American passport holders and business purposes
- Maximum Duration of Stay: 90 days
Tips for Obtaining an Vietnam Multiple Entry Visa
To obtain a multiple-entry visa for Vietnam, you can follow these tips:
1. Determine the visa type: Vietnam offers multiple visa options, including tourist, business, and diplomatic visas. Identify the type you need for your purpose of visit.
2. Understand the requirements: Visit the Embassy of Vietnam or the Vietnam Immigration Department’s website to understand the specific requirements for a multiple-entry visa. Generally, you will need a valid passport with at least six months validity, completed visa application forms, visa photos, and other supporting documents as per your visa type.
3. Seek assistance: If you find the visa application process complex, consider seeking assistance from a reputable travel agency or visa service. They can guide you through the process and help prepare the required documents.
4. Gather the necessary documents: Collect all the necessary documents as per the requirements. This may include your passport, completed application forms, photos, invitation letters (for business visa), flight itineraries, hotel reservations, and proof of financial means.
5. Submit your application: Once you have all the required documents, submit your visa application to the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in your country. Alternatively, you can also apply for a visa online through the Vietnam Immigration Department’s official website.
6. Pay the visa fee: There will be a visa processing fee, which varies based on the visa type, duration, and your nationality. Ensure you pay the fee as per the instructions provided by the embassy or online application process.
7. Wait for processing: The processing time for a multiple-entry visa can vary. It is advisable to apply well in advance to allow ample time for processing. Regular processing usually takes a few business days, but it’s best to check with the embassy or consulate for accurate information.
8. Collect your visa: Once your visa is processed and approved, you can collect it from the embassy or consulate if you applied through them. If you applied online, you may receive an e-visa by email, which you can print out and carry with you.
Remember to carefully review the visa details upon receiving it to ensure it matches your intended stay duration and entry requirements. It is also recommended to check the latest travel advisories and entry regulations before your trip to Vietnam.
Frequently asked questions
What are the requirements for a Vietnam multiple-entry visa?
The requirements for a multiple-entry visa in Vietnam may vary depending on your nationality and the guidelines set by the Vietnamese government. However, common requirements include a valid passport with at least six months of remaining validity, completed visa application forms, passport-sized photos, and visa fees. It’s best to consult the Vietnamese embassy or consulate for the exact requirements based on your circumstances.
How long does a Vietnam multiple-entry visa allow me to stay in the country?
The duration of stay permitted by a multiple-entry visa depends on the type of visa you obtain. Typically, tourist visas allow stays of up to 30 days, while business visas can permit stays of up to 90 days. However, it’s essential to check the specific details of your visa as it may differ based on the visa type.
Can I extend my stay in Vietnam with a multiple-entry visa?
Yes, it is usually possible to extend your stay in Vietnam with a multiple-entry visa. You can visit the local immigration office or contact a visa agency to inquire about the extension process. Note that extensions are subject to approval and additional fees will apply.
How long is a Vietnam multiple-entry visa valid?
The validity of a multiple-entry visa depends on the type of visa you obtain and the options provided by the Vietnamese government. It can range from one month to several years. Typically, tourist visas have shorter validity periods compared to business visas or other long-term visas. Make sure to check the specific duration of validity for your visa before traveling.