To visit Cambodia, there are a few things you need to know about the visa requirements. Here’s some important information:
1. Visa Types: Cambodia offers different visa options based on the purpose and duration of your visit. The common types include Tourist Visa (T), Business Visa (E), and Ordinary Visa (K).
2. Visa on Arrival: Many nationalities can obtain a visa on arrival at major entry points, including Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and certain land border crossings. You’ll need a valid passport, one passport-sized photo, and the visa fee in USD (cash only).
3. E-Visa: Cambodia also offers an electronic visa (e-visa) service, which allows you to apply for a visa online before your trip. The e-visa is available for tourist and business purposes and can be obtained through the official website (https://www.evisa.gov.kh). Make sure to apply in advance.
4. Visa Extensions: If you wish to extend your stay beyond the initially granted visa period, you can visit the Immigration Department in Phnom Penh or the Immigration Office in Siem Reap to request an extension. Additional fees may apply.
5. Visa Requirements: Generally, you’ll need a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months, a passport-sized photo, a completed visa application form, and the visa fee. It’s essential to check the specific requirements based on your nationality before traveling.
6. Overstay Penalties: If you exceed the allowed stay period without a valid visa or extension, you’ll be charged a daily overstay fee. It’s recommended to abide by the visa regulations to avoid any legal complications.
It’s important to note that visa requirements are subject to change, so it’s advised to consult the nearest Cambodian embassy or consulate or visit the official website for the most up-to-date information before your trip.