What is E-visa Vietnam?
Electronic visa (e-Visa) is a type of visa issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam to foreigners through the electronic system. Vietnam e-Visa is a single-entry visa that allows the e-Visa holder to stay in Vietnam for up to 30 consecutive days.
Why issue an e-Visa?
- No need to queue at the airport when waiting for the stamp;
- No extra stamping fee;
- No need to bring a photograph of yourself for visa purposes;
- Visitors with an e-Visa to Vietnam can enter Vietnam through one of 28 international border gates;
- It is not required to go to the embassy;
- The whole process is online – once your application is approved, all you have to do is to print out your e-Visa and present it at the airport. That is all!
List of countries that are eligible for Vietnam e-Visa
Check the list below to see if you can apply online for Vietnam e-Visa:
|Armenia||Iceland||Papua New Guinea|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Korea (South)||Romania|
(Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders)
(Not apply to Chinese e-passport holders, i.e a passport having its number starting with E)
|Colombia||Marshall Islands||Solomon Islands|
|Cuba||Micronesia Federated States of||Sweden|
|Czech Republic||Monaco||Timor Leste|
|Denmark||Mongolia||United Arab Emirates|
|Estonia||Montenegro||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland|
|Fiji||Myanmar||United States of America|
Certain countries can have visa exemption to stay for a specified number of days:
- Chile: up to 90 days
- Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand: up to 30 days
- Philippines: up to 21 days
- Brunei, Myanmar: up to 14 days
- Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Germany, Norway, Russia, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy: up to 15 days
If you need to stay longer than 14, 15, or 21 days, you must apply for an e-Visa before your trip takes place.
List of borders allowing e-visa holders
Holders of Vietnamese e-visas are allowed to enter the country through one of the following 33 ports:
|Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)||Bo Y Landport||Chan May Seaport|
|Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)||Cha Lo Landport||Da Nang Seaport|
|Can Tho International Airport||Cau Treo Landport||Duong Dong Seaport|
|Da Nang International Airport||Huu Nghi Landport||Cam Pha Seaport|
|Noi Bai Int Airport (Hanoi)||Ha Tien Landport||Hon Gai Seaport|
|Phu Bai Int Airport||Lao Bao Landport||Hai Phong Seaport|
|Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)||Lao Cai Landport||Nghi Son Seaport|
|La Lay Landport||Nha Trang Seaport|
|Moc Bai Landport||Quy Nhon Seaport|
|Mong Cai Landport||Ho Chi Minh City Seaport|
|Nam Can Landport||Vung Tau Seaport|
|Na Meo Landport||Vung Ang Seaport|
|Song Tien Landport|
|Tinh Bien Landport|
|Tay Trang Landport|
|Xa Mat Landport|
- To avoid any hassle, you should double check your port of entry before submission.
If you meet all e-visa requirements, please prepare the documents below to get e-visa:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months following arrival date and having at least 02 blank pages;
- 01 passport size photo (check Vietnam visa photo requirements);
- Soft copies of passport personal data page and soft photo;
- Credit cards to make payment online for e-visa fee, (American Express card is not accepted).;
Vietnam e-Visa fee 2023 and processing time
|Purpose of visit||Stamping fee||Consultant Service fee||Processing time (Excluding Saturday, Sunday and Vietnam Holiday)|
|Tourist||25 USD||30 USD||4 – 6 working days|
|Tourist||25 USD||75 USD||2 working days|
|Tourist||25 USD||125 USD||1 working days|
The fee is 25 USD/person, it is non-refundable if your visa application is rejected or is mistaken during application process.
It normally takes 4-6 working days to get e-visa; however, due to large number of applicants and Vietnam holidays, the processing time can be longer. You should arrange your time to submit it before your trip at least 1-2 week.
Vietnam e-Visa sample form
Travel to Vietnam to visit your friends and family, go on a vacation, or undertake a business project. Get your visa online in a simple 3-step process and get approved documents to your email address. Vietnam e-Visa form below shows what a processed entry permit will be like.
Extension E-visa Vietnam
E-visa extension is not run at this moment. Incase you wish to stay in Vienam longer, you should leave Vietnam and then come back with new e-visa. This process is called “Vietnam visa run”
Vietnam E-visa – Main information
- E-visa Vietnam has validity in 1 month (30 days) with single entry;
- The online visa application must be finished at least 5 working days before your expected trip to Vietnam;
- E-visa fee is non-refundable, you should check your information carefully;
- The port of entry can not be changed even right on the minute your submission is finished. In Case you wish to change, new e-visa application is required;
- No group e-visa application is accepted; applied for 1 applicant only;
- It normally takes 4-6 working days; however, the processing time may be longer due to large number of applicants and Vietnam national holidays, you should apply before your trip at least 1-2 week;
- E-visa Vietnam used to be extended, if any changes we will update soon.
- Everyone who comes to Vietnam for travel purposes must have their own e-Visa, including children;
- Check the FAQ section for more information about our e-Visa services and applying methods.
For more support on e-visa Vietnam, we are all ready to help, just by providing your plan and then we will get back to you shortly.